- Darren Hickling
I'm sure every parent is the same, but I am constantly amazed by our little boy. I wish I had written down more of our conversations, but I had to share this beauty from yesterday evening:
- Me: Would you like to play a game?
- Ted: No, I would like Pirates please.
- Me: Oh! Not even one game?
- Ted: No, I like pirates.
- Me: OK... [dejectedly searches on Amazon Video on the Xbox One] Boo, I can't find it.
- Ted: Uh, maybe it's on Netflix.
- Me: Netflix?! How do you even know that word... OK, let me take a look.
- Ted: Hehe.
- Me: [Opens Netflix]
- Ted: That's Netflix!
- Me: [Has a quick search]
- Ted: [Points] There it is!
- Me: Holy cow, it is on Netflix! Clever boy!
- Ted: Hehe, told you!
He's still two years old!
Parenting is often pretty freaking challenging, but moments like that light up my life.